It is appropriate for those who work in adult education, corporate or community education, and for international educators preparing to teach English as a foreign language. This Teaching - Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages program at Fordham University is available for individuals who are not pursuing a state teaching certification.
Fordham GSE's TESOL Track 2 program follows a supervised field and clinical experience model in the PreK-12 grade levels. We require 90 hours of field experiences prior to the Practicum, and 320 hours of clinical experiences (i.e. 8 weeks). Students are guided through both sets of experiences by the program coordinator, Practicum faculty, field specialists, and school site cooperating teacher.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Children’s Literature in a Multicultural Society
- Including Exceptional Students
- Integrating English Language Arts Across the Content Areas in the ESL Classroom
- Historical, Philosophical and Multicultural Foundations of American Education
- Second Language Acquisition and Assessment
- Teaching English Literacy to Culturally and Linguistically Diverse Students
- Teaching the Structure of the English Language
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesTeaching View 1288 other Masters in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and have obtained a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B). If you have received a post bachelors degree from an accredited college or university, a minimum GPA of 3.5 is required.
- Official transcripts of all coursework Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- GRE/MAT Exams
In addition to general admissions requirements, applicants must have the following:
- For international students: All transcripts need to be translated into English and evaluated for evaluated for credentialing in the United States by and accredited agency
- Minimum 3.0 GPA in graduate work
- Two professional/academic recommendations
International1442 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1442 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1442 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1442 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.