The Teaching - Childhood Special Education (MSE) program at Fordham University prepares such teachers through a rigorous academic program that builds on a foundation of childhood education and psychology, and provides a strong sequence of field experiences and student teaching. Candidates gain the knowledge and skills they need to succeed supported by expert faculty, master teachers and field advisers/mentors.
- The program leads to initial certification in Teaching Children with Disabilities in Childhood.
- Fordham's Childhood Special Education programs are approved by the Council for Exceptional Children (CEC).
- Programs are open to all who qualify; however, only U.S. citizens or international students who possess a U.S. Green Card or H1-B visa may be recommended for New York State teacher certification.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Assessment of All Children with Disabilities
- Childhood Special Education Portfolio
- Collaboration and Consultation with Families and Professionals
- Communication Supported by Technology and the Arts
- Contemporary Interventions for Struggling Readers and Writers
- Differentiating Instruction for Children with Disabilities
- Educating Exceptional Students in Elementary Schools
- Research in Teaching Process
- Positive Behavior Supports
- Practicum for In-Service Teachers
- Teaching the Bilingual Special Education Student
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesTeaching View 1044 other Masters in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Admission application is considered complete and ready for review only when it consists of your submitted online application and all required supplemental materials.
Letters of Recommendation
- Provide all recommenders with at least one month’s advance notice to submit their recommendations. To facilitate this process, enter each recommender’s name and email address into the application as soon as you begin filling it out. They will be notified electronically of your request before you submit your application.
- GRE exams should be taken at least one month prior to the application deadline to ensure timely receipt of scores by GSAS Admissions. Our GRE school code is 2259.
International1442 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1442 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1442 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1442 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.