The Teaching - Childhood Literacy (MSE) program at Fordham University enhances teachers' understandings of reading-writing-listening-speaking-visualizing-performing connections. Graduates are proficient in promoting the effective use of skills and strategies with students from diverse backgrounds who become confident, independent, successful lifelong learners. Candidates are typically teachers, teacher assistants, or literacy specialists serving in local schools.
Candidates must provide evidence of initial/provisional or permanent/professional certification or the equivalent as an early childhood/childhood, TESOL, or special education teacher. Candidates must also provide evidence of having completed 9 credits in language and/or literacy education and six credits in specific/inclusive education.
Those who have not fulfilled these prerequisites may complete them concurrently with enrollment in the program.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Assessment & Development of Literacy Processes: Practicum 1/Childhood
- Beginning Literacy Development in Inclusive Classrooms
- Cognitive and Linguistic Dimensions of Literacy
- Critical Literacy: Childhood
- Instructional Practices for Writing Across the Curriculum/Childhood
- Perspectives on Standardized Language and Literacy Assessments: Policy and Practice
- Portfolio for Literacy Education
- Reflective Seminary for Literacy Leaders
- Research & Practice for Struggling Readers & Writers: Practicum II/Childhood
- Second Language Acquisition
- Sociocultural and Developmental Dimensions of Literacy
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesTeaching View 1044 other Masters in Teaching in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- All applicants must have a baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and have obtained a minimum grade point average (GPA) of 3.0 (B). If you have received a post bachelors degree from an accredited college or university, a minimum GPA of 3.5 is required.
- Official transcripts of all coursework Resume/Curriculum Vitae
- Personal Statement
- Letters of Recommendation
- GRE/MAT Exams
International1422 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1422 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1422 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1422 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.