The Molecular and Cellular Biology program of University of Guelph is engaged in the pursuit of fundamental and applied research questions involving diverse biological systems (plants, humans and other animals, prokaryotic and eukaryotic microbes). In general, they follow lines of scientific enquiry at the level of molecules to cells.
We offer a Master’s and a Doctoral program. MSc students complete coursework and prepare and defend a research-based thesis (approximately six semesters). The PhD program requires the successful completion of a qualifying exam and the completion and defense of a research-based thesis (typically 4+ years of full-time study). Students may also add a collaborative specialization of toxicology or neuroscience.
- Cell Biology
- Molecular Biology & Genetics
- Plant Biology
Are you interested in:
- Molecular basis of disease
- Molecular biology and gene expression
- Cell signalling and trafficking
- Host-pathogen/commensal interactions
- Plant metabolism and biotechnology
- Protein structure and function
- Molecular Bioscience Research
- Public Health/Nursing
- Science Outreach and Teaching
- Food Safety and Regulation
- Advanced Topics in Developmental and Cellular Biology
- Protein Structural Biology and Bioinformatics
- Research Topics in Molecular and Cellular Biology
- Genomic Methods for Bioinformatics
- Molecular Biotechnology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesMolecular Sciences Biochemistry Genetics View 69 other Masters in Genetics in Canada
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Guelph and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants require an Honours Bachelor’s degree (or equivalent), or a Master’s degree in a field within the molecular life sciences.
- Applicants must obtain the support of a faculty member willing to serve as thesis advisor before applying.
International15332 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7666 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National6412 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 3206 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Guelph
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.