The Integrative Biology program of University of Guelph has a research department that is focused on a wide variety of organisms (from microbes to plants to animals) at multiple levels of organization (from molecules and cells through to entire ecosystems). Basic research is being used as a foundation to address some of the most important regional and global issues.
We offer a research-based Master’s and Doctoral program. Master’s students take 1.5 credits in course work, and prepare and defend a research-based thesis for their MSc (approximately six semesters).
- Comparative Physiology
- Evolutionary Biology
Are you interested in:
- Environmental consultant
- Scientist for federal and provincial agencies
- Data scientist for pharmaceutical companies
- Conservation officer for NGOs
- Special Topics in Ecology and Behaviour
- Special Topics in Evolutionary Biology
- Special Topics in Physiology
- Advances in Integrative Biology
- Scientific Communication
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Application deadline is ongoing.
DisciplinesBiology Ecology Genetics View 23 other Masters in Ecology in Canada
- Applicants require an Honours Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent (MSc) or a Master’s degree (PhD) in a wide range of areas, including: Integrative Biology, Wild Life Biology, Ecology, Evolution, Marine and Freshwater Biology, Biochemistry, Cell Biology, and Molecular Biology & Genetics.
International13674 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6837 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National4754 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2377 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Guelph
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.