The Interuniversity Master in Energy Engineering (Master degree class LM-30) is offered by the University of Trento, Department of Civil, Environmental and Mechanical Engineering in collaboration with the Free University of Bozen-Bolzano, Faculty of Science and Technology.
The programme is geared to preparing a professional figure able to address complex and advanced problems of energy engineering and/or requiring an interdisciplinary approach in the design, implementation, management and upgrading of production systems, transport and efficient use of energy.
The course aims at training experts who will be able to deal with the various aspects of planning, implementing and managing integrated energy systems, such as production plants supplied from renewable sources, low energy consumption buildings and transport networks for electric and thermal energy from the production site to local consumption sites. Energy engineers will work as independent professionals or in public and private companies, industries of the energetic and thermo-energetic sectors and public and private utilities. Graduates can move on to Doctoral Schools.
The professional profile of the master graduate in Energy Engineering is oriented towards the design and operation of small to medium size energy production plants, in particular exploiting renewable sources, combined heat and power (CHP) in district heating, and of energy-efficient industrial systems and buildings. Energy conversion, energy distribution and energy utilisation systems are the main areas of interest.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Electrical Systems Engineering
- Fluid Machines Engineering
- Engineering Thermodynamics, Heat and Mass Transfer
- Environmental Fluid Mechanics/Hydropower Plants
- Building HVAC Systems
- Advanced Applications of Building Physics
- Electric Power Conversion Equipment
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Non-EU citizens living abroad: January/February each year
- EU and non-EU citizens living in Italy: between April and June each year
DisciplinesEnergy & Power Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 51 other Masters in General Engineering & Technology in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Bachelor’s degree obtained in Italy or equivalent
- a Bachelor’s degree in Industrial Engineering or Civil and Environmental Engineering or closely related scientific disciplines obtained abroad;
- documents proving your studies in the following scientific areas (for detailed information please refer to the study course Regulations):
International1000 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1000 EUR per year during 24 months.
For non European citizens living outside Italy the amount of tuition fees depends on the final ranking score for admission.
Living costs for Trento
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.