The Food Safety and Quality Assurance program of University of Guelph has graduates work in industry and government positions, applying knowledge of total-quality management, food safety management systems, risk analysis, detection, epidemiology and control of foodborne pathogens, food policy development and Canadian and international food law.
The MSc FSQA is a three semester (12 month) course-based program consisting of online and on campus courses and a major research project. MSc FSQA students can also participate in the Toxicology Collaborative Specialization.
Are you interested in
- Food Safety and Quality Control
- Food Spoilage, Shelf Life, Food Fraud
- Auditing and Inspection
- Regulations and Policy
- Pathogenesis and Epidemiology of Foodborne Pathogens
- Food Safety and Quality Control Manager
- Food Inspector/Food Safety Evaluator
- Public Health Food Safety Specialist
- Food Safety Analyst
- Consultant to the Food Industry
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Food Safety and Quality Assurance Seminar
- Food Law and Policy
- Food Quality Assurance Management
- Food Safety Systems Management
- Food Safety and Quality Assurance Research Project
- Principles of Food Safety and Quality Assurance
- 18 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesNutrition & Dietetics Food Sciences View 29 other Masters in Food Sciences in Canada
- A BSc honours degree with courses in food science, nutrition, public health or other related fields. Applicants with a Bachelor of Technology, Engineering in food science or a degree in veterinary medicine may also be accepted.
- The FSQA graduate level courses require a background in food science or a closely related field.
International13674 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6837 CAD per semester during 18 months.
National4754 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2377 CAD per semester during 18 months.
Living costs for Guelph
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.