In the Medical Genetics and Genomics programme at the Oxford Brookes University, you will develop your transferable skills, particularly in communication, organisation and research planning. These skills will assist you when carrying out your research project.
With the increase in number of individual genomes being sequenced, this is one of the fastest growing areas of biomedical science. You will join a new generation of scientists able to combine genetics and bioinformatics to:
- understand how genomic changes cause diseases such as cancer
- enable the development of novel treatments through drugs, gene therapy and prevention strategies.
Your projects can be linked with specific workplace needs and interests. You can complete these either at Oxford Brookes or within other genomic laboratories with our supervision.
- research degree/ PhD
- pharmaceutical industry
- biomedical industry
- NHS scientist
- medical research
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Molecular basis of Human Genetics Disease
- Genomic Science
- Advanced Molecular Techniques
- Functional Genomics and Research Skills Analytical Techniques
- Advances in Medical Genetics
- Clinical Genetics and Diagnostics
- 12 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesBiomedicine Bioinformatics Genetics View 224 other Masters in Genetics in United Kingdom
- You should normally hold a UK honours degree at 2.2. or above in the Life Sciences field, OR equivalent overseas degree from a recognised institution in Life Sciences.
- Other qualifications may be considered under exceptional circumstances when accompanied by highly relevant professional experience.
- You will need to be proficient in the use of internet-based resources and other interactive technologies. You should have reliable and stable access to the Internet.
International17100 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17100 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9900 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9900 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Oxford
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.