The University of North Texas Department of Communication Studies offers course work leading to a Master of Arts or Master of Science degree in Communication Studies. You can pursue concentrations in interpersonal/organizational communication, performance studies or rhetorical studies.
As you progress through the program, you'll use analytical, critical, qualitative and quantitative methodologies to explore communication from applied and theoretical perspectives. The necessary course work examines gender and diversity issues, narrative and social change, and political and social influence.Gain new perspectives
Our faculty members are outstanding scholars with diverse approaches to studying communication. Our professors have won awards and research grants from the National Institutes of Health, National Science Foundation and the North Texas chapter of the Arthritis Foundation. They also coach intercollegiate debate; consult for organizations in the community, region and various parts of the nation; direct performances; and hold professional leadership positions. Their research interests include:
- Argumentation studies
- Critical and cultural studies of communication, cultural values, ideologies and politics
- Interpersonal communication
- Narrative studies
- Performance studies
- Rhetorical analysis and criticism of persuasive public communication in historical, political and cultural contexts
- The role of communication in organizations, professions and groups
Programme StructureCourse Overview:
- You’ll have opportunities to conduct research with faculty members using the Black Box Theatre/ Performance Space, Communication and Social Influence Research Office, Communication Studies Library and Computer Mediated Communication Lab. Opportunities to participate in regional and national festivals, professional conferences and internships may also be available.
- A number of other resources are also available exclusively to graduate students. The Graduate Student Writing Support office offers writing help, and the Toulouse Graduate School offers a wide variety of professional development workshops each semester. Among the workshops is a Thesis Boot Camp. Many of the workshops are available online for your convenience.
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesCorporate Communication Digital Communication View 146 other Masters in Corporate Communication in United States
- Current résumé with work and academic experience
- Transcript of bachelor's degree from an accredited institution
- A 600- to 700-word essay
- Two reference forms or letters of recommendation
International31530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31530 USD per year during 12 months.
National31530 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 31530 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State22568 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22568 USD per year during 12 months.
Estimated expenses for international students will be provided on their immigration documents by the Division of International Affairs,.
Living costs for Denton
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.