The Couple and Family Therapy program of University of Guelph is a unique, interdisciplinary academic unit focused on integrating research and practice.
The MSc CFT field of study is two years (24 continuous months) in length. Students will complete either a Major Research Paper or a thesis. Graduating students will meet all the requirements to become a Registered Psychotherapist (Qualifying) with the College of Registered Psychotherapists of Ontario (CRPO).
Research approaches include qualitative (e.g.: discourse analysis, grounded theory, narrative analysis) and quantitative methods.
Are you interested in:
- Family Therapy and Discourse
- Sexual or Gender Minorities
- Sexual Issues
- Romantic and Family Relationships
- Families with Children with
- Disabilities and Chronic Health Conditions
- Private practice
- Community based agencies
- Family health teams
- Hospitals and mental health facilities
- Educational institutions
More informationVisit official programme website
- Power Relations and Diversity in CFT
- Practicum in Couple and Family Therapy
- Externship in Couple and Family Therapy
- Clinical Issues in Couple and Family Therapy
- Theories and Methods of Family Therapy
- Professional Issues
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling View 18 other Masters in Counselling in Canada
- An honours bachelor’s degree or equivalent, typically including coursework in psychology (particularly developmental psychology), sociology, social work, and/or family relations
- A minimum 75% average in the last 2 years of study
- Grades of at least 70% in applied statistics and social science research methods courses
- Personal maturity and relevant work/ volunteer experience
International13674 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 6837 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
National4754 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 2377 CAD per semester and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €6000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.