In a disaster, good intentions are not enough. To care for people at their most vulnerable, humanitarian aid workers need to take swift and mindful action. That makes on-the-ground skills and best practices absolutely critical.
The International Humanitarian Action program’s multidisciplinary approach equips humanitarians with the tools to respond thoughtfully and effectively in crises. Students at Fordham University apply theoretical learning in the classroom to the complex realities of humanitarian action to generate debate, gain knowledge, and craft solutions, emboldening them to put the innovative approaches they study throughout the program to practice in their own careers.
The MIHA program strives to enhance the skillsets and academic knowledge of humanitarian professionals who have worked in the field for at least five years. Students graduate with a unique, advanced degree that can propel them into management positions in the sector, as well as a growing network of fellow MIHA alums who are leading humanitarian action around the world.
- Contemporary Issues in Humanitarian Action
- Humanitarian Resource Management and Administration
- Information Management
- Monitoring and Evaluation in Humanitarian Response
- Cash, Commodities, and Services in a Humanitarian Response
- Forced Migration: The Humanitarian Challenge of the Decade
- Humanitarian Advocacy: Communicating the Need and Motivating the Response
- Disaster Management
- Leadership and Management in Humanitarian Assistance.
- Integrity, Accountability and Transparency in Humanitarian Operation
- Security Management: Delivering Aid in Potentially Dangerous Situations
- Education in Emergencies
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
DisciplinesInternational Relations Management Studies Emergency & Disaster Management View 88 other Masters in Emergency & Disaster Management in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Starting from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Fordham University and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Successful completion of the International Diploma in Humanitarian Assistance (IDHA).
- A statement of interest connecting the student's goals for the program with the expertise and activities of the degree, up to 500 words.
- Official degree transcripts confirming prior degree conferral are required for all applicants, regardless of matriculation status. These should be ordered at least one month prior to the application deadline for your program of interest.
- Official GRE scores
- Writing sample (5 - 20 pages)
- Three letters of recommendation (two of which must be academic, submitted directly by referees)
International50976 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1593 USD per credit during 12 months.
National50976 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1593 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.