During these unprecendented times, our Ethics and Society courses address issues of current ethical import including the fight for racial justice and equality. Both academically rigorous and practical, our interdisciplinary MA program at Fordham University is grounded in the Jesuit tradition of intellectual excellence—enriched through moral values, religious concerns, and a commitment to creating a caring and just world.
You will gain a foundation in the moral frameworks of philosophy, theology, psychology, bioethics, and social justice while observing professionals whose work requires ethical decision-making.
- Health care and bioethics
- Law and legal study
- Ethics compliance and regulation
- Research and public policy
- Nonprofits and social justice
- Ethics & Society: Cross-Disciplinary Perspectives
- Theories and Applications in Contemporary Ethics
- Modern Ethical Theories
- Aristotelian Ethics
- Confronting Moral Controversy
- Human Rights Law
- Ethics and Economics
- Theology and Science
- Beauty of Justice
- Ecological Ethics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology Philosophy & Ethics Political Science View 650 other Masters in Sociology in United States
- Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university
- Undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Online Application
- Statement of intent detailing both your academic aims and interests at Fordham (1-2 pages)
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) Scores: optional
- Three letters of recommendation: Submitted directly via the online application
- Resume or CV
- Writing sample
- Application Fee (currently $70)
- Official degree transcripts confirming prior degree conferral are required for all applicants, regardless of matriculation status.
International47790 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1593 USD per credit during 12 months.
National47790 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1593 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Manhattan
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.