The Psychology (Clinical Psychology: Applied Developmental Emphasis) program of University of Guelph follows a scientist-practitioner model in which an integrated series of courses and practica at the Master’s and Doctoral levels collectively contributes to the acquisition of competence as both clinicians and researchers. Students see clients in our on-campus training clinic, and complete off-campus practica in hospitals, mental health settings, and schools, under the supervision of registered psychologists.
Students entering the field do so with the understanding that they will complete a doctoral degree and the academic requirements for registration as psychologists. Our program follows the standards for a clinical psychology program and is accredited by the Canadian Psychological Association.
Faculty in the CCAP field pursue a wide variety of research topics, including: typical child development and psychopathology, family context, positive psychology and resilience, attachment, self-regulation, child and youth mental health and wellbeing, adolescent relationships and dating, pediatric pain and health psychology, antisocial behaviour, forensic psychology, non-suicidal self-injury, youth risk taking, parent safety practices and injury prevention, intervention, and neurodevelopmental disabilities including learning disabilities and FASD.
Are you interested in:
- Clinical and Developmental Psychology
- Psychology Assessment, Screening, Diagnosis, and Intervention
- Clinical Research
- Clinical Scientist
- Private Practice
- Developmental Psychopathology: Etiology and Assessment
- Integrated Child and Adolescent Assessment
- Clinical and Diagnostic Interviewing Skills
- Research Design and Statistics
- Developmental Psychology
- Foundations in Cognitive Assessment of Child and Adolescents
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Childhood Studies View 6 other Masters in Childhood Studies in Canada
- Honours degree in Psychology with a thesis component, or equivalent research experience
- General and Psychology GRE
- Adequate training in statistics and course work directly relevant to developmental psychology
- Additional experience doing research and working with children and youth is encouraged
- Applicants must clear a police security check and child abuse registry
International13674 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6837 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National4754 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2377 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Guelph
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.