The Psychology (Applied Social Psychology) program of University of Guelph has a strong social justice orientation and is best suited to students who wish to investigate social processes and problems, in areas that include: health and illness, gender, violence, prejudice, inequality, cooperation, culture, immigration, intergroup relations, science and technology.
We offer both Master’s and Doctoral fields. The MA requires completion of course work in applied social psychology and methodology, as well as a practicum in an applied setting and the preparation and defense of a research thesis.
- Health and Illness
- Gender and Violence n Culture, Migration and Globalization
- Evolutionary Psychology
- Psychology of Science and Technology
- History and Theory of Psychology
Are you interested in:
- Public Health, Health, and Social Policy
- Gender and Violence n Science and Publics
- Difference, Marginality, Migration n Evolution, Social Relationships, and Cooperation
- Applied Researcher
- Research Consultant
- Program Evaluation
- Policy Analyst/Advisor
- Tenure-Track Academic
- Research Design and Statistics
- Discrete-variable Statistics
- Ethical Issues in Psychology
- Critical Approaches to Applied Social Psychology
- Applied Social Psychology and intervention
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPsychology Sociology View 120 other Masters in Psychology in Canada
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Guelph and/or in Canada, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Honours BA/BSc (or equivalent) in Psychology or affiliated field, with a minimum B+ average
- Senior honours thesis or research project equivalent n Intention to proceed to PhD
- GRE General Test for MA application
- GRE Psychology Test recommended for international and non-psychology applicants
International13674 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6837 CAD per semester during 24 months.
National4754 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 2377 CAD per semester during 24 months.
Living costs for Guelph
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.