Through the integration of scientific, technological and managerial aspects (teaching shared with our internationally recognised School of Management, and industry experts) you will learn how to use and manage food resources more efficiently in order to achieve sustainable, secure and safe food supply chains across the globe.
The Food Systems and Management programme offered by Cranfield University is suitable for new science or technology graduates, or professionals already in the food industry who are interested in furthering their career, and offers flexibility and support for full- or part-time students. Moreover, as part of our commitment with student excellence, both from UK and around the world, we will offer bursaries to outstanding candidates every year. The course will equip you with a critical appreciation of the issues concerned with the production and supply of safe food in the modern world.
The holistic approach of the MSc will provide you with a detailed understanding of the whole food chain system including:
- Food quality
- Food diagnostics
- Food microbiology
- Postharvest technology
- Supply chain management
Increasing consumer awareness and demand regarding food quality, nutrition and safety issues, coupled with intensifying competition within the rapidly changing food industry, has created a demand for individuals who are able to drive success in the management of key food chains in a modern global economic market.
Cranfield graduates are very successful in achieving relevant work after the course. For professionals already in industry, Cranfield qualifications enhance careers, benefiting both the candidate and their employer.
This course is accredited by Institution of Agricultural Engineers and Institute of Food Science and Technology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Quality of Food and Beverages
- Food Diagnostics
- Leading Corporate Sustainability
- Postharvest Technology
- Food Chain Resilience
- Food Safety and Quality Management and Certification
- Agrifood Business Innovation
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Although there are no set application deadlines, we recommend that you apply as early as possible to secure your place.
DisciplinesManagement Studies Agribusiness Food Sciences View 22 other Masters in Agribusiness in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- A first or second class honours degree from a UK university, or equivalent, in a scientific discipline such as a food science, food technology, microbiology or other science or technology-related subjects; or candidates with appropriate professional experience.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International22150 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22150 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
National10825 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10825 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
- MSc Part-time £1,685
- PgDip Full-time £8,250
- PgDip Part-time £1,685
- PgCert Full-time £4,750
- PgCert Part-time £1,685
- MSc Part-time £22,150
- PgDip Full-time £17,950
- PgDip Part-time £17,950
- PgCert Full-time £8,950
- PgCert Part-time £8,950
Living costs for Cranfield
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
- Brian Meredith Net Zero Scholarship
- Environment and Agrifood International Excellence Scholarship
- Environment and Agrifood Net Zero Scholarships
- The Cranfield Scholarship
- British Council Scholarship for Women in STEM
- Master's Loan from Student Finance England
- Santander Scholarship
- Commonwealth Scholarship for Developing Countries
- Future Finance Student Loans
- Chevening Scholarship
- Commonwealth Shared Scholarship
- The Gen Foundation
- Agrifood Charities Partnership
- Delta Foundation Chevening Scholarship Taiwan
- NFU Mutual Charitable Trust Centenary Award
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.