Through its cross curricular and multidisciplinary approach, the Communications and Computer Networks Engineering programme at Politecnico di Torino equips students with methodological skills in telecommunications, computer engineering and other IT engineering specializations that are needed to design in an innovative way both complex telecommunication systems and advanced data transmission applications and networks.
The MSc program favours methodological rather than descriptive content, providing students with solid and long terms skills, which are needed for a swift entry on the job market, and with foundations that allow a continuous educational update.
The Master of Science in Communications and Computer Networks Engineering at Polytechnic University of Turin ends with the preparation of a thesis: a time and opportunity for individual learning and work.
This is of fundamental importance for the completion of the students' training, because it exercises their ability to work both independently and within a group that is working on highly interdisciplinary topics. The thesis may be a research, design or advanced development activity taking place in Politecnico di Torino or within a company.
The final thesis work is then described in a dissertation that must demonstrate a mastery of the topics, the originality of the results and overall good communication skills.
The main professional profiles trained by the degree program are:
- designer of telecommunications equipment,
- design and development expert of communication networks and telematic services,
- marketing expert,
- engineer, experienced in the management of communications systems and computer networks,
- researcher in ICT disciplines,
More informationVisit official programme website
- Computer network design and management
- Information and communication theory
- Signal processing: methods and algorithms
- Stochastic processes
- System programming
- Devices for optical and microwave communications
- Operational research
- Network modelling and simulation
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- 1st Call: February 12th
- 2nd Call: May 4th
- 3rd call: June 19th
DisciplinesGeneral Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 45 other Masters in Computer Sciences in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- hold a Bachelor degree awarded by an accredited foreign university obtained after at least 15 years of previous education(primary and secondary plus university).
- In case you are enrolled in a “single cycle” Laurea magistrale course (5 or 6 years degree program) and you have not yet graduated, you must have completed at least 15 years of previous education (minimum 3 years at University level) having obtained at least 180 ECTS credits or equivalent.
- Any field of Engineering, Computer science, Mathematics
The new model adopted by Politecnico consists in:
- For non-EU students living outside Italy and not belonging to a LDC, the amount of the tuition fee is calculated considering their country of origin and whether they apply or not for tuition fee reduction according to their income/properties and family members (ISEE Parificato).
- For EU students living outside Italy, the amount of the tuition fee depends on whether they submit or not the tuition fee reduction application according to their income/properties and family members (ISEE Parificato).
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.