The Applied Bioinformatics offered by the Cranfield University course is equally suitable for candidates from life sciences disciplines who aim to gain the programming and computational skills through this course, and graduates with IT/computer science background who want to gain the molecular biology understanding to become bioinformaticians.
On completion of this course, you will be able to apply information technology and computational techniques to process genomic and genetic data, as well as developing novel drug discovery and diagnostic tools.
Additionally, you will gain the skills to design and implement software tools and databases using the latest advances in standalone and web-based technologies to fulfil the need of the research community.
Bioinformatics is a fast-growing field that offers progressive career opportunities for forward-thinking people who are ready to grasp the challenge; people who understand both the biological and computing aspects of this science.
Our MSc opens doors to careers in industry, public research establishments and university research.The multidisciplinary nature of our course has allowed our students to follow diverse career paths in various medical-related sectors.
More informationVisit official programme website
Taught modules 40%, Group project 20%, Individual project 40%
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
Although there are no set application deadlines, we recommend that you apply as early as possible to secure your place.
DisciplinesBio & Biomedical Engineering Informatics & Information Sciences Bioinformatics View 100 other Masters in Bioinformatics in United Kingdom
- A first or second class UK Honours degree (or equivalent) in a life science, computer-science subject or candidates with appropriate professional experience.
- The course is suitable for new graduates from a computer-science, life science or technology background who are interested in a career within the field of bioinformatics. The course is also ideal for professionals already working in the industry who would like to train to further their careers.
- The course is available on a full and part-time basis offering flexibility and support for those who wish to train whilst remaining in employment.
International20500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 20500 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
EU/EEA10500 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 10500 GBP for the full programme and a duration of 12 months.
- MSc Part-time: £1,635
- GREAT China Scholarship
- The Cranfield Scholarship
- Postgraduate Loan from Student Finance England
- Santander MSc Scholarship
- Chevening Scholarships
- Commonwealth Scholarships for Developing Countries
- Future Finance Student Loans
- Cranfield Postgraduate Loan Scheme (CPLS)
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.