The Finance and Risk Management program from University of Florence is a combination of economic theory for finance with quantitative methods (probability theory, statistics, numerical analysis and computational methods) to quantify and manage risk arising from financial, economic and insurance applications.
The MSc mix theory and practice, academic lectures and interaction with finance and insurance practitioners and empirical sessions.
In the first year, with the common track, you will acquire an in-depth grounding with core courses from corporate finance, financial markets and institutions, financial accouning, quantitative and computational finance, quantitative risk management, financial economics and econometrics.
In the second year, you can deepen your knowledge and tailor the degree to your goals both by taking one of the three offered tracks – corporate finance and banking, insurance and risk management, quantitative and AI methods for finance - and by moving forward one of the three Double Degrees opportunities.
With the DD Msc Finance and Accounting with School of Economics in Varsaw you will deepen your knowledge in corporate finance and financial accountability, while the DD in Quantitative Asset and Risk Management at the University of Economics in Katowice will provide you an in-depth knowledge of asset management and risk management. A perfect choice to build an international path in Economics and Finance, is the DD in Economics with the specialization International Financial Economics at the University of Konstanz, with this new excellent opportunity for your international career.
Student will be prepared for high profile careers across a wide range of sectors:
- in financial institutions, insurance and reinsurance companies, banks, accounting firms, private equity firms, management consulting, data analytics companies, industry, management, quantitative analysts in insurance companies and consultancy firms, as well as in academia.
Graduates should be able to work as specialists in quantitative-oriented areas of the financial services industry, such as trading, risk or asset management, or to work in specialized areas of an insurance company.
The students who complete the MSc in Finance and Risk Management are eligible to achieve professional status as an Actuary in Italy.
- Computational Finance
- Corporate Finance
- Quantitative Finance and Derivatives
- Financial Institutions
- Corporate Governance
- Financial Statement Analysis
- Computational Economics
- European Capital Market Law
- Econometrics of Financial Markets
- Quantitative Risk Management
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesFinance Risk Management Actuarial Science View 5 other Masters in Actuarial Science in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- The candidates for the MSc in Finance and Risk Management must prove a strong knowledge of mathematics, statistics and social sciences as well as some familiarity with information technology and data analysis software.
- Applicants for this program should have achieved a First Class or High Second Class (Upper Division) degree or an equivalent international qualification in their country.
- An assessment online test may be required. In such a case, you would be directly contacted. In few cases, the Committee will ask you to take some preliminary courses at the undergraduate level through registration for single courses.
The total amount of enrolment charges and tuition fees for the academic year vary from €156 to about €2650.
Living costs for Florence
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.