About this Degree
History of Science, Technology and Medicine Program at the University of Oklahoma explores the role of science, technology and medicine in society while providing the skills necessary for focused concentration on specific topics. The department offers special fellowships in support of graduate study, lively interaction with visiting scholars through the endowed Mellon Fellowship Program, and innovative teaching within an intimate community of scholars.
This part of our website is designed to provide both prospective and current students with answers to questions about the graduate program and the department in general. Under Areas of Study, you will find general fields within the history of science in which the department is especially strong; nevertheless, the graduate program encourages each student to design doctoral fields that uniquely address individual interests. Application Information and Application Checklist provide specific information about preparing a successful application, and Funding your Graduate Education explains resources available through the department and the university to help our students with assistantships, fellowships, and financial aid. Professional Development/Placement provides information about department programs to help students launch professional careers and our record of placement of alumni. The History of Science Association is the graduate student organization of the department, which among other things produces Hydra, the Online Graduate Journal for the History of Science.
- Seminar in Research, Criticism, & Analysis
- Special Studies/Graduate Survey in History of Science
- Advanced Studies in the History of Ancient and Medieval Science
- Advanced Studies in the History of Renaissance and Early Modern Science
- Advanced Studies in the History of Modern Science
- Topics in the History of Science
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesHistory Human Medicine Health Sciences View 2167 other Masters in Health Sciences in United States
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at University of Oklahoma and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- Applicants should provide Graduate Record Examination scores. Only the general test is necessary.
- Three Confidential Letters of Reference
- your preparation for graduate study in history of science,
- previous reading in or study of the history of science or related fields,
- particular regional, temporal, or topical interests within the general field of history of science, and potential research topics you wish to pursue in the graduate program
- specific reasons for seeking admission to the graduate program in history of science at the University of Oklahoma, and
- your career goals and how graduate study in history of science at the University of Oklahoma will contribute to their attainment
International39932 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19966 USD per semester during 24 months.
National35004 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17502 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State12050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6025 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Tuition per 18 credit hours
Living costs for Norman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.