The Architectural Design course lasts two years and meets the requirements set by the EU Bologna Process. Students will learn the architectural Design process, from conception to production and the construction site, for architectural and urban transformation in complex urban systems, both historical and modern, and related contemporary construction techniques and materials in relation to environmental and economic sustainability; they will learn also design methods and tools for architectural heritage conservation and for traditional construction techniques and materials, associated with their contexts.
What you will be able to do
University of Florence graduates in this class of degree may, after passing the state exam, enrol in section A - field "architecture" of the Italian Professional Association of Architects, Planners, Landscapers and Conservationists as expressly provided by the DPR No.328 of 5 June, 2001. The main job opportunities provided by the Master's Degree Course are architectural design, urban planning and architectural heritage conservation with competence of aesthetic, distribution, functional, structural and technical issues, of construction and economic feasibility, of the built environment and landscape valorisation, of cultural changes and with critical attention to the needs expressed by contemporary society.
Other main job opportunities are business activity on an individual basis or in combination, related to design and construction of public and private projects and architectural project management in public institutions and private organizations relating to construction and property.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Architecture and Structure Design Lab
- Restoration of Architecture Lab
- Economic Evaluation of the Project
- History of the City and Contemporary Architecture or History of the City and Renaissance and Classical Architecture
- Urban Sociology
- Architecture and Environment Design Lab
- Architecture and City Design Lab
- Free Course or Seminars
- Final Thesis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArchitecture Design View 18 other Masters in Architecture in Italy
- Access to the master course in “Architectural Design” in Florence, for the years 2013/2014, is not limited. European Union students who hold the title of Bachelor of Architecture complying with the requirements of EU Directive 2005/36/EC and subsequent EC 1985/384 can access the Master’s Course.
- The course is open to students from countries outside the European Union who hold the degree or diploma of at least a three years in Architecture at University, or other qualification recognized as equivalent.
- The admission depends, however, on the student’s knowledge of english-language. Certificate B2 writing level or equivalent.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.