The level of intensifications and environmental impact of the different solutions possible to face these problems must be carefully considered case by case. Modern technologies can bring consistent increase of productivity in advanced areas; at the same time costly technologies with high environmental impact cannot be proposed in marginal areas where, instead, sustainable solutions can be implemented with reduced costs and can be based on the scientific modernization of local traditions.
The University of Florence course in Natural Resources Management for Tropical Rural Development (MSc university degree) of the University of Florence with the participation of "Agenzia Italiana per la Cooperazione allo Sviluppo", promotes research and professional training in the sectors of modern and sustainable agriculture, forestry and animal sciences, and identifies as preferential area of intervention the little and medium farms of the less industrialized areas of the globe.
This graduation program is primarily designed for the training of basic operators, project designers and coordinators, in the area of cooperation for rural development, environmental monitoring in tropical environment and international marketing of livestock, crop and forestry products.
Potential employers are to identify within:
- Non-governmental organizations (NGOs) working in development and cooperation
- National and international institutions working on agricultural cooperation and development
- National and international institutions responsible for food safety in relation to international trade
- Companies operating in production and marketing of agricultural and livestock products overseas with special focus on tropical and subtropical areas
- National and international research institutions working on agriculture and rural environment.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Agricultural Geomatics
- Crop Protection
- Farming Systems Analysis
- Optional Educational Activities
- On Farm Irrigation
- Tropical Crops
- Tropical Plant Ecology
- Enhancing Skills for Professional Practice
- Irrigation With Non Conventional Waters
- French Language (B2) Writing
- Portuguese Language (B2) Writing
- Spanish Language (B2) Writing
- German Language (B2) Writing
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSustainable Development Natural Resource Management View 4 other Masters in Natural Resource Management in Italy
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Academic title requirements:
- Second cycle (master's) degree programmes - a first cycle or a single cycle degree awarded by an Italian or a foreign University, that allows, in the awarding country, the continuation of studies to the next level.
- In addition, they have to meet the general educational requirements and possess an adequate personal education background, certified by a specific authorisation (nulla osta) issued by the Education Committee of the School offering the degree.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.