About the program
Accordingly, requirements include an established minimum of classroom course work and studies and completion of original research work presented in a written dissertation.
The graduate Chemistry and Biochemistry program at University of Oklahoma is a balance between required and elective coursework and research. Divisions within the areas of chemistry and biochemistry are used at OU to organize teaching assignments, course requirements and degree candidacy requirements. There are six divisions at OU: Analytical, Biochemistry, Chemical Education, Inorganic, Organic, Physical Chemistry, and Structural Biology. Students elect one of these divisions as their major and must fulfill the requirements of that division to earn a degree.
Given the increasingly interdisciplinary nature of modern chemistry, students will often fulfill the degree requirements of one division while carrying out research in an overlapping research area. Minimum course requirements are 16 credit hours of graduate level lecture courses.
These must include at least four credit hours in two divisions outside the student's major division. Depending on the division, candidacy exams for the Ph.D. degree are given in the second or at the beginning of the third year of graduate studies. More information on the degree requirements for each division is included in the Graduate Student Handbook.
- Practicum in Chemical Education
- Laboratory Rotations
- Departmental Colloquium
- Instrumental Methods of Analysis
- Spectroscopic Chemical Analysis
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
- Apply before
- Thesis- 30
- Non Thesis- 32
DisciplinesChemistry Biochemistry View 747 other Masters in Biochemistry in United States
- Of you are interested in our graduate program, complete the PRELIMINARY APPLICATION FORM or directly apply for admission to the Graduate College.
- You should make arrangements to take the General Graduate Record Examination (General GRE) and have the scores reported directly to the admissions committee at the address shown below
- The General GRE score is REQUIRED.
- The advanced GRE test in Chemistry is optional.
- Complete the official graduate admissions process per the instructions provided in the online application.
- Submit official (original) copies of your transcripts and GRE scores to the Graduate College. You may also upload a Letter of Intent/CV.
International39932 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19966 USD per semester during 24 months.
National35004 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17502 USD per semester during 24 months.
In-State12050 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6025 USD per semester during 24 months.
- Tuition per 18 credit hours
Living costs for Norman
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Interested in financing your studies? Find a student loan that works for you.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.