Why study MA Social Anthropology at Goldsmiths, University of London ?
- Whatever your disciplinary background, you’ll have the opportunity to build a solid base in social anthropology, its theoretical foundations, methodology and ethnographic diversity.
- You can choose to study topics including gender, sexuality and the body, religion and symbolism, political economy, psychological perspectives in anthropology, the anthropology of rights, and visual anthropology.
- You’ll join a diverse group of students with a range of educational backgrounds and interests, so you’ll be exposed to many different perspectives.
This programme is ideal if you're thinking of pursuing a career in the media, or in research, teaching, policy and many other fields.
Recent graduates have been employed by Amnesty International, Médecins Sans Frontières, and the Royal Anthropological Institute.
The Masters also provides an excellent grounding for students interested in pursuing research in social anthropology – several have gone on to complete research degrees at Goldsmiths.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Anthropological Theory
- Anthropological Research Methods
- Anthropology of Rights
- Critical Voices in Development
- Anthropological Approaches to History
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- We encourage you to complete your application as early as possible, even if you haven't finished your current programme of study.
DisciplinesAnthropology Sociology View 551 other Masters in Sociology in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- You should have (or expect to be awarded) an undergraduate degree of at least second class standard in a relevant/related subject.
- You might also be considered for some programmes if you aren’t a graduate or your degree is in an unrelated field, but have relevant experience and can show that you have the ability to work at postgraduate level.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International17460 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17460 GBP per year during 12 months.
National9260 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 9260 GBP per year during 12 months.
- National - part-time: £4630
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.