At the graduate level, three technical communication programs are offered in the department of English and technical communication: a master of science in technical communication, a graduate minor in technical communication, and a graduate certificate in technical communication.
The English and Technical Communication department offers a master's degree in technical communication (either online or traditional) for any student with a bachelor’s degree in any discipline and a strong background in writing and technology. Because of the rapid changes in technology, particularly due to the effects of information systems, there is an immediate and growing need for highly trained professional communicators to design information. Employers are looking for communicators with sophisticated skills in the integration of visual communication tools with written and spoken communication.
It is the policy of the Missouri University of Science and Technology to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status; to prohibit discrimination in recruitment, employment or conditions of employment, including salary and benefits related thereto; to promote employment opportunity and to take affirmative action in this regard.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Proposal Writing
- Web-Based Communication
- History of Technical Communication
- Research Methods in Technical Communication
- Teaching of Technical Communication
- Theoretical Approaches to Technical Communication
- Information Management in Technical Communication
- Advanced Theories of Visual Technical Communication
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
Priority Application Deadlines
DisciplinesCommunication Sciences View 449 other Masters in Communication Sciences in United States
- A submitted online application
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Two letters of recommendation
- Transcripts (in English) from all colleges and universities attended. All unofficial copies of transcripts and scores can be uploaded to your online application for S&T to review. Upon arrival on campus, you must request that an official copy of your transcript(s) to be sent to us directly from your previous university’s registrar's office and all official scores reported directly from the respective testing agency. Once we receive the official documents, we will verify them. If there are any discrepancies between the unofficial documents you submitted, Missouri S&T will withdraw your admission and you will not be allowed to apply to S&T in the future.
- A statement of purpose
- A resume or curriculum vitae
International23520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23520 USD per year during 12 months.
National22170 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22170 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State7840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7840 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Missouri City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.