At its inception, the enrollment at the Masters of Economics. English program at Thammasat University was set at 20 Thai students annually. When the program extended admission to foreign applicants in 1972, class size expanded to 25. Beginning in 1979, additional scholarships were provided by the Ford Foundation under the New International Economic Order Program, and the class size has increased to 30 students annually. Foreign students increased are welcomed from Bangladesh, Canada, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Japan, Korea, Malaysia, Myanmar, Nepal, the Philippines, Sri Lanka, Taiwan, Belgium, and the United States. After the program’s success, the Faculty initiated a Ph.D. program in Economics, also with English as the teaching medium. The program is open to current master students of the Faculty and qualified graduates from elsewhere. Recognition of credits earned from other master programs is possible.
The programs have trained hundreds of Thai and foreign students, many of whom now hold prominent positions in business, academic, and international organizations.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Contemporary Economic Issues
- Advanced Econometrics
- Applied Econometrics
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Foreign applicants must have completed a bachelor’s degree or the equivalent from a recognized international institution.
- certificate of health from a government hospital
- copy of citizen ID card/passport
- 2 letters of recommendation (one letter should be completed by a university faculty member, if applicable)
- 1 copy of official certificate of English proficiency (GRE, TOEFL, or IELTS)
- 1 copy of official transcript – master’s degree (if applicable)
- 1 copy of official transcript – bachelor’s degree.
International1054 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 527 USD per semester during 24 months.
National1054 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 527 USD per semester during 24 months.
16,500 Thai baht
Living costs for Bangkok
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.