Drawing on Illinois Tech’s Stuart School of Business, Institute of Design, and Chicago-Kent College of Law, the program provides students—particularly those with technical backgrounds—with a comprehensive curriculum to explore innovative, entrepreneurial, and design-thinking approaches in their work.
Collaboration, networking, and mentoring are woven throughout the program, and strong connections with Chicago’s vibrant entrepreneurial community and Illinois Tech’s innovation-focused groups and resources provide a wide range of opportunities for hands-on experiences.
In the capstone project—which accounts for 9–12 of the 30 credits required for the program—students apply their learning and creativity to real-world enterprises, such as building a startup business, bringing new technology to market, or completing an entrepreneurial project within a company or organization.
The Master of Technological Entrepreneurship program at the Illinois Institute of Technology is specifically designed for students with technical backgrounds and the entrepreneurial spirit and drive to create innovative business ventures. Learning is applied and hands-on, drawing on the abundant resources of Chicago’s dynamic network of startups and tech entrepreneurs.
The Master of Technological Entrepreneurship is ideal for students with backgrounds in science, technology, engineering, or mathematics who are looking to gain the necessary business, design, innovation, and legal skills to launch startups and take on leadership positions in small and mid-sized businesses where technology plays a key role.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Building Innovative and Sustainable Businesses
- Creating and Financing Technology Ventures
- Analysis and Synthesis in Design
- Multidisciplinary Prototyping for Entrepreneurs
- Entrepreneurial Law
- Business Entity Formation
- Building Technological Enterprises (Capstone)
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEntrepreneurship Technology Management View 205 other Masters in Technology Management in United States
- Completed Online Application
- Official transcript submission with a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0 on a 4.0 scale
- GMAT or GRE score within five years of testing date. The GRE or GMAT requirement may be waived for highly qualified applicants based on excellent professional or academic background
- Official TOEFL or IELTS score, if required. A minimum score of 85 on the internet-based TOEFL, 600 on the paper-based TOEFL, or 7.0 on the IELTS exam is required for admission consideration
- A one-page professional statement of goals and objectives
- At least one letter of recommendation from an academic or professional reference
International1614 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1614 USD per credit during 12 months.
National1614 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 1614 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Chicago
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.