The Metallurgical Engineering program at Missouri University of Science and Technology offers comprehensive graduate education in a number of areas including physical and mechanical metallurgy, extractive metallurgy, metals casting, joining and forming, and advanced additive manufacturing. Further information on these opportunities and facilities available to carry out research in metallurgical engineering may be found under materials science and engineering.
Students can choose from a number of fundamental and applied research interests, including:
- Metals casting
- Joining and forming
- Thin-film metal deposition
- High-temperature metals and intermetallic compounds
- Powder metallurgy
- Plasma spray deposition
- Thermodynamics and kinetics of pyrometallurgical and electrometallurgical processes
- Environmental aspects of metal manufacturing
- Treatment of metal industry wastes
Research is conducted in state-of-the-art laboratories, including the Materials Research Center (MRC).
Programme StructureCourses include:
- Advanced Steels And Their Treatment
- Advanced Mechanical Metallurgy
- Advanced Ferrous Microstructures
- Advanced Metal Deformation Processes
- Advanced Ferrous Metals Casting
- Engineering Materials
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
Priority Application Deadlines
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering Mechanical Engineering General Engineering & Technology View 371 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
Make sure to cover your health, travel, and stay while studying abroad. Even global coverages can miss important items, so make sure your student insurance ticks all the following:
- Additional medical costs (i.e. dental)
- Repatriation, if something happens to you or your family
- Home contents and baggage
- Legal aid
We partnered with Aon to provide you with the best affordable student insurance, for a carefree experience away from home.Get your student insurance now
Start from €0.53/day, free cancellation any time.
Remember, countries and universities may have specific insurance requirements. To learn more about how student insurance work at Missouri University of Science and Technology and/or in United States, please visit Student Insurance Portal.
- A submitted online application
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Two letters of recommendation
- Transcripts (in English) from all colleges and universities attended. All unofficial copies of transcripts and scores can be uploaded to your online application for S&T to review.
- A statement of purpose
- A resume or curriculum vitae
International22860 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22860 USD per year during 12 months.
National8244 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8244 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State22860 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22860 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Missouri City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.