The Cancer Biology (Cancer Informatics) programme from Imperial College London embraces cutting-edge developments in the field: you will experience some of the most technologically advanced approaches currently being applied to the broad field of cancer research in a teaching programme that comprises both theoretical and practical elements.
What is informatics?
Informatics broadly covers the handling and analysis of data.
It is fast becoming one of the most desirable skills for postgraduate studies in biological fields. This is due to the widespread adoption of high-throughput molecular profiling technologies, in conjunction with the practice of uploading datasets to standard publicly-available online repositories.
We will provide you with the skills to leverage these large biological and clinical datasets to address novel hypotheses in order to gain new insights into molecular biology and to have a competitive advantage over other biological students.
This MRes is designed for aspiring researchers. For example, 75% of the 2015-16 cohort studied for a PhD
Those in employment have entered into roles such as Research Scientist, Research Assistant, and Scientific Officer.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- The course is made up of an initial 4/5-week taught component partly shared with the Cancer Biology stream. This covers the cellular and molecular basis of cancer biology
- This information is covered in a series of lectures, which are inspired in part by the lecturer's own research.
- You will gain an insight into the excellent project opportunities we have at Imperial, as well as those of our partner institutions (Crick Institute and Institute of Cancer Research).
- Alongside lectures, there are a series of workshops covering key transferable skills such as the oral presentation of scientific data and grant writing.
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesBiology Human Medicine Genetics View 199 other Masters in Genetics in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
- Our minimum requirement is a 2.1 degree in an appropriate subject.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International37800 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 37800 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
EU/EEA14650 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14650 GBP for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for London
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.