Emphasis is placed on integrating didactic knowledge with patient management and advanced technical skills.
The Adult-Gerontology Acute Care Nurse Practitioner Program at University of Miami offers a broad preparation in the management of acutely and critically ill patients with additional opportunities to concentrate on populations of special interest. With a strong emphasis on research and evidence-based practice, students follow a curriculum that includes theoretical content and guided clinical experiences that emphasize holistic patient care and a collaborative, interprofessional team approach. For their practicum experiences, students are paired with acute care nurse practitioners, physicians or collaborative teams.
The mission of the MSN program is to educate students and support faculty committed to excellence in the art and science of nursing and health care studies through creating and disseminating health knowledge and developing culturally competent leaders to provide safe service to our community, the nation, and the world.
- Advanced Pharmacology
- Adult Gerontology Acute Care
- Physiology/Pathophysiology for Advanced Practice Nursing
- Advanced Health Assessment and Diagnostic Reasoning
- Concepts in Advanced Practice Nursing
- Diagnostics and Nursing Interventions for Acute Care Nursing
- Professionalism in Advanced Practice Nursing
- Research Methods and Evidence-Based Practice
- 12 months
- 30 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesPublic Health Nursing Health Sciences View 1580 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Degree in nursing from a NLN or CCNE accredited program is preferred.
- Registered nurses with a Bachelor’s degree in other relevant science fields may be considered.
- Official transcripts for each institution attended must be mailed from the issuing institution’s Registrar directly to NursingCAS. NursingCAS cannot process transcripts that are stamped “Issued to Student.” To expedite the process be sure to include the Transcript Request Form from the “Colleges Attended” section in “Academic History.”
- Applicants are required to list all institutions attended in the “Colleges Attended” section under “Academic History” even if no degree was awarded.
International29600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14800 USD per semester during 12 months.
National29600 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14800 USD per semester during 12 months.
- Part-time Tuition per semester: $8,800
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.