Master’s Program Student Learning Outcomes
Students graduating with a Sociology and Criminology degree from University of North Carolina Wilmington will be able to:
- Students will apply theory to the analysis of substantive topics.
- Students will use research methods to address formal questions or hypotheses.
- Students will present a clear and well-written analysis of a criminological or sociological issue.
- Students will communicate in oral form at a scholarly and professional level
Graduates of our program have moved on to careers as evaluators, researchers, planners, managers, advisors, program directors, and policymakers as well as PhD programs in Sociology & Criminology.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Social Research Methods
- Evaluation, Methods, and Policy
- Sociological Theory
- Data Analysis
- Pro Seminar
- Qualitative Data Analysis
- Community-Based Participatory Research Methods
- Teaching in Higher Education
- Advanced Victimology
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesSociology Criminology View 498 other Masters in Sociology in United States
- An application for graduate admission.
- Official transcripts of all college work (undergraduate and graduate).
- Official scores on the Graduate Record Examination (GRE). Scores more than five years old will not be accepted.
- Three recommendations by individuals in professionally relevant fields; at least two must be from academics.
- A writing sample in the form of a cover letter or statement of interest explaining how the MA in Sociology and Criminology may assist the candidate in meeting her or his personal goals.
International18548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18548 USD per year during 24 months.
National18548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18548 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State4720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4720 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Wilmington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.