This includes the ability to serve persons with a diverse array of mental health or disability-related problems impacting the individual and the family, in a variety of clinical settings and with respect for the influences of multicultural factors such as culture, ethnicity, race, religion, gender, and sexual orientation.
Students also receive specialized training in the vocational, educational, and personal adjustment of persons with physical, mental, and emotional disabilities.
In addition to preparing you for practice in clinical mental health counseling, you will receive specialized training for a career in the rapidly-growing field of rehabilitation counseling. This Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling program at Illinois Institute of Technology prepares rehabilitation and mental health counselors for employment in:
- Community mental health facilities
- State, federal, and private rehabilitation agencies
- Correctional institutions
- Public schools
- Rehabilitation centers
- Organizations serving persons with physical, psychiatric, mental, social or emotional disabilities
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses included:
- Introduction to Theories of Psychotherapy
- Introduction to Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling
- Medical Aspects of Disability
- Multicultural & Psychosocial Issues in Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling
- Pre-Practicum in Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling
- Assessment in Rehabilitation and Mental Health Counseling
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , International
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesPsychology Counselling View 917 other Masters in Psychology in United States
- Illinois Tech requires a four-year bachelor’s degree conferred with a minimum cumulative undergraduate GPA of 3.0/4.0 (or its equivalent) from an accredited institution for regular admission.
- Academic requirements: GPA of at least 3.0.
- GMAT or GRE is required: GRE/GMAT is required, apart from Master of Public Administration.
- Personal Statement required
- Letter of Recommendation is suggested, but not required
International1614 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1614 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
National1614 USD/creditTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 1614 USD per credit and a duration of 12 months.
- When choosing a college, it’s important to consider not just the cost of the education, but also its long-term value. Attending IIT is an enriching experience that creates opportunities for your future, whether in undergraduate/graduate study, the workplace, or daily life. As well there are opportunities to receive
- At IIT, more than 97 percent of students receive some type of financial aid, whether it be need-based, merit-based, or both. There are also scholarship opportunities that can cover most of your college expenses.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.