The Graduate Liberal Studies (GLS) program at University of North Carolina Wilmington, consisting of both a Master of Arts in Liberal Studies (MALS) degree and a post-Master's certificate in liberal studies, provides a highly integrated exploration of the liberal arts, which not only adheres to the traditional values of broad liberal arts education, but is specifically designed for highly motivated learners who wish to deepen their understanding of the social, scientific, and humanistic dimensions of today's world.
Our required coursework emphasizes developing the following learning competencies:
- the ability to apply critical theories;
- the ability to make connections between various theories and ideas;
- the ability to apply creative solutions to problems;
- the ability to express oneself articulately in writing;
- the ability to express oneself articulately orally; and
- Contemporary Issues in Liberal Studies
- Religion and Sex
- The Social Organization of Cruelty
- Transitions from Communism
- Post-Modern Childhood
- Affirmative Action and Social Justice
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesArt History Liberal Arts View 39 other Masters in Art History in United States
- An application for graduate admission.
- Official transcripts of all college work (undergraduate and graduate). A GPA of at least 3.0 at the undergraduate level is required for admission. Students with a GPA below 3.0 may be accepted provisionally, which may include an interview with the program director or representative(s) from the advisory committee.
- Three recommendations from individuals who are in a position to evaluate the applicant’s professional competence as well as potential for graduate study (ideally at least one reference should be an academic instructor).
- A personal statement explaining how the MALS degree can assist you in meeting your personal goals. The essay shall be from one to five pages (single-spaced) and will be submitted as part of the online application.
International18548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18548 USD per year during 12 months.
National18548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18548 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State4720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4720 USD per year during 12 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.