Modern science is continuously leaning towards Chemistry. In Life Sciences, Materials or Environment, researchers realize that pertinent answers are hidden at the molecular scale.
Key activities spread across the chiral synthesis of molecules with biological interests, elucidation of biological mechanisms, molecular conversion of energy, catalytic processes, biosensors and development of new analytical tools.
The Master of Science in Molecular and Biological Chemistry from Swiss Federal Institute of Technology in Lausanne prepares the students for a career in research, combining theoretical understanding of the molecular world and hands-on experience in laboratories.
- Chemical biology of cell imaging
- Physical and chemical analyses of materials
- Protein mass spectrometry and proteomics
- Cellular signalling
- Frontiers in chemical biology
- Nanobiotechnology and biophysics
- Computational methods in molecular quantum mechanics
- Understanding advanced molecular simulation
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
We are not aware of any English requirements for this programme.
- Your resumé (curriculum vitae).
- Copy of your University degree(s), if already available.
- Complete transcripts from each university you have attended.
- A statement of purpose. See below for a detailed explanation.
- Your identity card or passport.
- Extra documents, such as TOEFL or GRE scores, research publications, or other portfolios of your previous work, are welcome but not compulsory.
International1316 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 658 EUR per semester during 24 months.
EU/EEA1316 EUR/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 658 EUR per semester during 24 months.
CHF 730 per semester
Living costs for Lausanne
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.