The study of both religions and public life will be approached from domestic and international vantage points. As such, while the degree focuses on religion, it has an inherent interdisciplinary approach to this topic.
Why pursue the Religion and Public Life MA program at Carleton University? Our master’s degree can be completed in one year (12 months). Our interdisciplinary program is innovative, provocative and engaging. You can explore religion and public life in a variety of historical contexts and religious traditions, around the world, from antiquity to the 21st century, and you can study with award-winning, internationally-recognized faculty
This degree is designed as a springboard for pursuing or advancing careers in public policy, community and cultural organizations, and public service. Recent graduates have also gone on to further studies in such fields as Anthropology, Biblical Studies, Canadian Studies, Indigenous Studies, Islamic Studies, and Religious Studies, both in Canada and abroad.
- Directed Studies: Western Religions
- Directed Studies: Eastern Religions
- Graduate Research Seminar
- Seminar in the Discipline
- Seminar in Religion and Public Life
- Directed Studies: Themes in the Study of Religion
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesHistory Religious Studies & Theology Christian Studies View 33 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in Canada
- A BA (Honours), or the equivalent, with a B+ standing or higher in religion, religious studies or a related discipline.
- Students without a prior Method and Theory course in Religious Studies will have to complete RELI 4741 (Theory and Method).
International17317 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 17317 CAD for the full programme during 12 months.
National6615 CAD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 6615 CAD for the full programme during 12 months.
Living costs for Ottawa
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.