Students who complete the Secondary Education program at University of North Carolina Wilmington will be expected to be 21st Century school leaders and thoughtful decision makers who possess a deep understanding of the knowledge, skills and dispositions involved in teaching at the secondary level.
Students will gain significant experience in using action research to better understand and adjust classroom instruction. In addition required core coursework, students in this 33-hour program may choose to focus on one of the following strands: Academic Content, Curriculum & Instruction, Technology in Teaching & Learning, and Diverse Learners. Students will also complete a capstone course that focuses on action research and defend a program portfolio.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Research in Education
- Tests, Measures, and Measurements in Education
- Social Justice Issues in Curriculum and Instruction
- Instructional Development
- Secondary School Organization
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching Early Childhood Education View 371 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- An application for graduate admission
- Official copies of transcripts of all college work (undergraduate and graduate)
- Official scores on the Miller Analogies Test or Graduate Record Exam
- Three recommendations by individuals in relevant professional fields
- A 2-3 page typed letter of application which includes a description of the applicant's professional goals, educational interests in pursuing graduate study, and philosophy of teaching.
The criteria for graduate admissions decisions include:
- MED student teaches classA grade average of "B" in the undergraduate major
- Satisfactory scores on the Miller Analogies Test or the Graduate Record Exam
- Satisfactory writing skills indicated by the letter of application
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International18548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 18548 USD per year and a duration of .
National4720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4720 USD per year and a duration of .
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.