Why study MSc Mechanical Engineering Design at BU?
- The course fully meets the academic requirements for registration as a Chartered Engineer (CEng)
- Apply mathematical and computer-based models for solving problems in engineering design
- Gain a detailed understanding of materials and structural integrity, enabling you to analyse design and engineering problems
- Apply your analytical and innovative business skills to the design process in order to assess its impact on the environment, legislation and economy
- Use the opportunity of international placements and our career support to enhance your employability and work in a global environment
- Explore an area of interest in greater depth through the research undertaken as part of the Individual Master’s Project.
This Mechanical Engineering Design course from Bournemouth University is accredited by the Institution of Engineering Designers (IED) and Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) as meeting the further learning requirement for Chartered Engineer (CEng) registration. Graduates holding professional status and accredited degrees are highly valued by employers in the UK and internationally.
If you have ambitions of being a chartered engineer (CEng) then this course will provide you with the ideal start. In order to achieve CEng status it is recognised that most chartered engineers will hold an appropriate Master’s degree like this one.
Graduates holding professional status and accredited degrees are highly valued by employers in the UK and internationally, meaning you will be well equipped to embark on a successful career in the engineering industry.
Accredited by the Institution of Engineering Designers (IED) and Institution of Mechanical Engineers (IMechE) as meeting the further learning requirement for Chartered Engineer (CEng) registration for the 2019-2023 intake years
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Structural Integrity
- Materials Failure and Prevention
- Advanced Materials
- Life Cycle Management
- Research Methods
- Individual Masters Project
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 12 months
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApply anytime.
- StartingApply anytime.
There is no application deadline for this course. However, if you will need a visa, think carefully about the length of time it will take for your visa application to be processed.
DisciplinesMechanical Engineering Design View 183 other Masters in Mechanical Engineering in United Kingdom
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
A Bachelors Honours degree with 2:2 in a required subject. If you want to apply for Chartered Engineer status (standard route), you will need to have an IEng accredited Honours degree or academic qualifications that have been approved at IEng level, to meet the Engineering Council's registration requirements.
Required subjects: Engineering
Please see below some examples of the qualifications for entry:
- India: Bachelor’s degree (4 years) from a recognised HE institution with a minimum overall result of 50% or second division
- Nigeria: Bachelor's degree from a recognised institution with a minimum classification of 2:2
- Thailand: Thai Bachelor's (Honours) degree from a recognised higher education institution with a minimum GPA of 2.5/4.0
- Turkey: Bachelor’s degree (Lisans Diplomasi - four years) with a minimum overall GPA of 2.3/4.0
- Vietnam: Bachelor's degree/Bang tot nghiep dai hoc with an average score of 6.5/10, or a Master’s degree/Thac si.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International15000 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 15000 GBP per year during 12 months.
National8750 GBP/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 8750 GBP per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Bournemouth
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.