They come to the Frost School of Music to be with others from across the country who have similar interests and to prepare for a professional career in the music business through study with members of our renowned faculty.
Coursework, extra-curricular participation, and internships are vital components of the degree program. The Music Business and Entertainment Industries degree program at University of Miami is interdisciplinary in nature with emphasis placed upon courses in music business, music, and business. Majors study music business topics such as copyright, music publishing, record companies, entertainment contracts, music licensing, touring, and music marketing, as well as others.
The mission of the Music Business and Entertainment Industries Program is to prepare students for careers in the music business profession, specifically in the areas involving music publishing, the record business, music distribution, music copyright and music licensing. This is accomplished through courses focused on these topics.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- International Music Publishing
- Music Industry Agreements
- International Music Licensing
- Music Copyright Law
- Graduate Music Business and Entertainment Industries Forum
- Internship in Music Industry
- Transcripts – an official transcript from ALL post-secondary schools attended, regardless of if a degree was granted or not, must be sent directly to the Frost School of Music from the issuing institution in order to be considered official
- Three letters of recommendation - sent through CollegeNet as part of application submission. These do not need to be sent separately
- Resume - attached to the application at the time of submission. This does not need to be sent separately
- GRE Score
- TOEFL/IELTS Score
- Teaching/Conducting Sample
- Writing Sample
International10000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 USD per year during 12 months.
National10000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 10000 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.