This degree program at University of Miami is designed for the individual who already holds an undergraduate degree in music therapy. It is designed to prepare students for either advanced-level clinical practice, or additional opportunities in research or college teaching. Although all masters music therapy students are prepared for advanced clinical practice they also specialize in either a clinical or a thesis track.
The curriculum is built upon the clinical and research paradigm known as Neurologic Music Therapy (NMT). This model utilizes scientific evidence regarding the influence of music on human brain and behavior function to treat neurological, developmental, and medical needs. The NMT approach is becoming increasingly recognized and accepted by the medical community, which helps increase employment for our graduates.
The mission of the Master of Music degree program in Music Therapy at the Frost School of Music is to prepare students to develop:
- advanced and comprehensive musicianship
- independent research skill
- advanced level clinical knowledge and skill for the music therapy profession.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Music Therapy Practice
- Music Therapy Graduate Practicum
- Graduate Forum in Music Therapy
- Master's Thesis
- Music Therapy Research Methods
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesMusic Music History Liberal Arts View 462 other Masters in Music History in United States
- Transcripts – an official transcript from ALL post-secondary schools attended, regardless of if a degree was granted or not, must be sent directly to the Frost School of Music from the issuing institution in order to be considered official
- Three letters of recommendation - sent through CollegeNet as part of application submission. These do not need to be sent separately
- Resume - attached to the application at the time of submission. This does not need to be sent separately
- GRE Score
- TOEFL/IELTS Score
- Teaching/Conducting Sample
- Writing Sample
International39834 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19917 USD per semester during 12 months.
National39834 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19917 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.