The mission of the Middle Grades MAT program is to prepare developmentally responsive and effective middle grades educators.
We address this mission by providing: a.) coursework aligned to the NC Professional Teaching Standards and Association for Middle Level Education standards and b.) Field experiences in a variety of settings.
Upon completion of the Middle Grades Education Program from University of North Carolina Wilmington , candidates will:
- Teacher Candidates will demonstrate leadership by applying the major constructs (concepts, principles, theories, standards, and research) related to young adolescent development and developmentally responsive middle schools
- Teacher Candidates will establish a respectful educational environment for diverse learners by adapting instruction based on analysis of the individual needs (e.g., learning, social, emotional) of young adolescents and their community contexts
- Teacher Candidates will demonstrate content knowledge by applying major content-specific constructs (concepts, principles, theories, language, standards, and research) during field experiences and internship
- Teacher Candidates will facilitate student learning through the learning cycle (planning, instruction, and assessment) by applying a variety of developmentally appropriate strategies and technologies to meet the learning needs of young adolescents
- Teacher Candidates will reflect on their practice by analyzing student learning to inform their instruction and professional development
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Advanced Middle Grades Education
- Advanced Diverse Learners 6-9
- Instructional Design in the Middle Grades
- Advanced Field Studies 6-9
- Literacy Integration in the Middle Grades 6-9
Check out the full curriculumVisit official programme website
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 1065 other Masters in Teaching in United States
Explore more key informationVisit official programme website
We are not aware of any academic requirements for this programme.
- Recent graduates, working professionals and career changers with a bachelor’s degree in any field are eligible for the MAT in Middle Grades Education.
Make sure you meet all requirementsVisit official programme website
International19104 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 19104 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
National4861 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4861 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
In-State4861 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 4861 USD per year and a duration of 24 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Double-check all feesVisit official programme website
Check for additional visa infoVisit official programme website
Check for any work restrictionsVisit official programme website
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.