The Master of Science in Computer Science and Information Systems from University of North Carolina Wilmington is aimed at preparing the student to take on leadership roles in the development and implementation of computer and information systems.
Experienced professionals and undergraduates from both disciplines facilitates significant classroom sharing of real world and theoretical knowledge.
- Graduates will be able to formulate and solve problems using advanced mathematics and numerical methods, and computer information systems-based techniques.
- Graduates will demonstrate knowledge of ethics and professionalism, and understand contemporary issues such as green computing, data security, privacy and compliance with regulations.
- Graduates will be able to complete analysis and design of business processes employing the latest information technology techniques, including the unified process model.
- Graduates will be able to apply science and business principles to analyze and interpret data, using analytic and computer-based techniques.
- Graduates will demonstrate effective communication through written and oral presentations.
- Graduates will be exposed to a variety of advanced technology communications tools, such as Web conferencing, wikis, social networking software.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Design and Analysis of Algorithms
- Network Programming
- Software Engineering
- Information Security Management
- Database Management Systems
- Analysis, Modeling and Design
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesInformatics & Information Sciences General Engineering & Technology Computer Sciences View 525 other Masters in Informatics & Information Sciences in United States
- One official transcript is required from each U.S. post-secondary institution attended. Refer to the Getting Started page for international transcript instructions.
- Official test scores should be sent to the Graduate School no less than four weeks prior to the published program deadline.
- Three recommendations from individuals in professionally relevant fields.
- Statement of Interest
- Resume (including any c ertificates of training in computer science/information systems, if applicable). Contact the program coordinator with any questions.
- Differential tuition applies to this program. Click HERE for a complete listing of current tuition/fees.
International18548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18548 USD per year during 24 months.
National18548 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 18548 USD per year during 24 months.
In-State4720 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 4720 USD per year during 24 months.
Living costs for Wilmington
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 9 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.