Social Work from Indiana University East offers a broad range of practice settings: community mental health agencies, nursing homes, hospitals, schools, employee assistance programs, family service agencies, and community service agencies. In addition, professional social workers serve as administrators of various social service agencies.
The education and training they receive in a Master of Social Work (MSW) program provides them with the skills they need to choose a career within the broad area of social work The School of Social Work MSW program is accredited by the Council on Social Work Education (CSWE).
Graduates with Social Work from Indiana University East will:
- promote social and economic justice, build healthier communities and organizations, and shape social and economic policies.
- be able to work in all levels of government, education, and a number of social workers have assumed political or legislative careers.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
Programme StructureCourses include:
- SW Profession
- Diversity, Human Rights, and Social Justice
- Social Policy Analysis and Practice
- Generalist Theory and Practice
- SWK Practice: Organizations, Communities and Societies
- 24 months
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
Potential students can apply at any time. We recommend applying as early as possible, even before the priority date.
DisciplinesSocial Work Public Health Health Sciences View 1307 other Masters in Public Health in United States
- Past academic performance, as reflected in a cumulative undergraduate GPA
- Critical thinking skills and the ability to communicate effectively in writing, as reflected in the application questions and required writing sample and statement
- Graduate course work performance (if any)
- Personal commitment to social work and suitability for the profession
- Length and type of work and volunteer experience
- Letters of reference
- Evidence of personal qualities considered important for social work practice
- Standardized tests are required for international applicants only
- Academic Transcripts
- Academic records
- Proof of English proficiency
- Financial documentation (for Visa purposes)
- Clarification of present Visa status
- Copy of your Passport ID page
International29970 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 999 USD per credit during 24 months.
National29970 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 999 USD per credit during 24 months.
In-State13200 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 440 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Richmond
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.