Upon completion of this Marine Ecosystems and Society program at University of Miami, a student earns the Juris Doctor degree from the School of Law and a Master of Professional Science in Marine Ecosystems and Society from RSMAS, ranked as one of the top five geoscience institutions in the United States.
The M.P.S. degree allows students to focus their course work in one of four areas:
- Aquaculture Track: Focus on the environmental, technological, social, economic, legal and political aspects of sustainable aquaculture.
- Coastal Zone Management Track: Gain exposure to the legal and governance frameworks associated with the sustainability of near-shore waters. These areas present unique challenges to resource managers in the shipping, tourism, development, fisheries, aquaculture and oil industry.
- Marine Conservation Track: Design a curriculum around personal career goals while focusing on innovative solutions to current marine ecosystem threats. This track combines science, law, economics, and policy to foster the conservation of marine ecosystems.
- Underwater Archeology: Focus on the management of underwater cultural heritage (MUCH). The MPS Underwater Archaeology track is primarily technical and introduces participants to the legal and governance frameworks in this increasingly important discipline.
- Coastal Sustainability
- Coastal Zone Management
- Exploration Science
- Fisheries Management and Conservation
- Marine Conservation
- Underwater Archaeology
- 36 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- StartingApplication deadline not specified.
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Marine Engineering Aquaculture & Fisheries View 115 other Masters in Hydrology & Water Management in United States
- Students who apply for the joint J.D./M.P.S. program must apply to both the School of Law and to RSMAS, Department of Marine Ecosystems and Society.
- Prospective students must achieve a qualifying score on the Law School Admissions Test (LSAT) and on the General Graduate Record Examination (GRE) for admission to the respective schools.
- An applicant must notify both schools that he or she is applying for the joint J.D./M.P.S. program and, in order to remain in the joint program, must meet the minimum standards of both schools.
International39834 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19917 USD per semester during 36 months.
National39834 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19917 USD per semester during 36 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.