Further information on these opportunities and facilities available to carry out research in ceramic engineering may be found under materials science and engineering.
M.S. and Ph.D. degrees are offered in Ceramic Engineering. The total number of hours required for the M.S. in ceramic engineering is 30. A minimum of 6 hours of 6000-level lectures and a minimum of 11 hours of graduate research on the Missouri S&T campus are required. A maximum of 6 hours of 4000-level lecture credit may be accepted.
The minimum number of hours (beyond the bachelor's degree) required for the Ph.D. in ceramic engineering is 72. At least 12 hours of course work outside of ceramic engineering is recommended, a minimum of 24 hours will be dissertation research, and a minimum of 24 hours must be course work. Students will also be required to take and pass qualifying and comprehensive exams in accordance with Missouri S&T rules.
It is the policy of the Missouri University of Science and Technology to provide full and equal employment opportunities to all persons without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, genetic information, disability or protected veteran status; to prohibit discrimination in recruitment, employment or conditions of employment, including salary and benefits related thereto; to promote employment opportunity and to take affirmative action in this regard.
- Advanced Mechanical Properties of Ceramics
- hermomechanical/Electrical/Optical Properties Lab
- Glass Science And Engineering
- Advanced Electrical Properties Of Ceramics
- Dielectric And Electrical Properties Of Oxides
- Advanced Thermal Properties of Ceramics
- Advanced Ceramic Processing
- Organic Additives In Ceramic Processing
- Microelectronic Ceramic Processing
- Principles Of Engineering Materials
- X-Ray Diffraction Analysis
- Advanced Topics On The Vitreous State
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
- Apply before
Priority Application Deadlines
DisciplinesMaterials Science & Engineering View 340 other Masters in Materials Science & Engineering in United States
- A submitted online application
- $75 non-refundable application fee
- Two letters of recommendation
- Transcripts (in English) from all colleges and universities attended. All unofficial copies of transcripts and scores can be uploaded to your online application for S&T to review. Upon arrival on campus, you must request that an official copy of your transcript(s) to be sent to us directly from your previous university’s registrar's office and all official scores reported directly from the respective testing agency. Once we receive the official documents, we will verify them. If there are any discrepancies between the unofficial documents you submitted, Missouri S&T will withdraw your admission and you will not be allowed to apply to S&T in the future.
- A statement of purpose
- A resume or curriculum vitae
International23520 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 23520 USD per year during 12 months.
National22170 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 22170 USD per year during 12 months.
In-State7840 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 7840 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Missouri City
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.