The program is open to students who want to pursue a career in engineering or marine science and professionals who have responsibilities in engineering, marine science, business and law fields and want to further their knowledge and skills. According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, Ocean Engineering is projected to grow 9% from 2014-2024.
The program has two tracks:
- Coastal engineering
- Remote sensing and maritime security
Both tracks build upon the unique world-class resources available through the University of Miami’s Center for Southeastern Tropical Advanced Remote Sensing (CSTARS) satellite receiving facility and Surge Structure Atmosphere Interaction Facility (SUSTAIN) wind-wave laboratory.
The mission of the MS Ocean Engineering degree is to educate students with a combination of strong applied scientific knowledge in the marine sciences and engineering. These students will possess the skills needed to address a range of marine related concerns in a rational and responsible manner.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Capstone Lab based course on structure/fluid interaction
- Coastal Physics and Engineering
- Coastal Ocean Circulation
- Structural Mechanics
- Advanced Structural Analysis
- Advanced Wave Hydrodynamics
- Ocean Systems Engineering
- Advanced analytical methods
- Wave propagation in the ocean environment
- Intermediate Fluid Mechanics
- Applied Ocean Hydrodynamics
- Computational Fluid Dynamics
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
- Apply before
International applicants are highly encouraged to submit their completed applications as early as possible
DisciplinesHydrology & Water Management Marine Engineering Aquaculture & Fisheries View 64 other Masters in Aquaculture & Fisheries in United States
- Excellent performance in all coursework and certificate programs (traditionally cumulative gpa > 3.0)
- Competitive scores on the GRE General Test (verbal plus quantitative traditionally > 300)
- Comprehensive letters of recommendation
- Acceptable scores on TOEFL or ILETS exams (English proficiency exams for international students only)
International39834 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19917 USD per semester during 12 months.
National39834 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 19917 USD per semester during 12 months.
Living costs for Miami
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 3 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.