The Graduate Program in Pastoral Ministries at Santa Clara University has been preparing women and men to enter professional ministries in Church and society. The program offers the Master of Arts degree in both face-to-face and online blended formats.
The degree program has five major goals:
- Leaders: Educate leaders dedicated to serving the Church and creating community in parish and other pastoral settings.
- Diverse Church: Prepare ministry professionals to function effectively in a diverse global ecclesial environment.
- Justice: Educate students in the Catholic and Jesuit vision of an informed faith that promotes social justice for the common good.
- Theological Depth: Educate students in key areas of foundational theological study relevant to Christian ministry: Fundamental Theology, Christology, Ecclesiology, Ethics, Hebrew Bible, the New Testament, and Sacraments and Liturgy.
- Ministry Understanding and Skills: Educate students in pastoral skills, ministry knowledge, and liturgical fluency for Christian ministry.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Fundamental Theology
- Hebrew Bible
- New Testament
- Sacraments & Liturgy
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesPhilosophy & Ethics Religious Studies & Theology View 579 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
- Two official transcripts from undergraduate degree-granting institution, (evaluated if international study–from any non-USA school)
- Non-U.S. Transcript Evaluation: Transcript evaluations are required for all international transcripts.
- English Proficiency Exam: TOEFL (score of 90 or above) or IELTS (score of 6.5 or above) are required for international students who completed their post-secondary education in a language other than English.
- Two letters of recommendation to be mailed by the evaluators
- $50 application fee
International18120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 604 USD per credit during 24 months.
National18120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 604 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Santa Clara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Due for update
Updated over a year ago
Check the official programme website for potential updates.