The Teaching program at Santa Clara University prepares individuals to become effective, equitable, and ethical teachers. The program fully integrates: (a) the professional coursework and clinical field experiences required by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing; (b) master’s-level expectations for academic rigor and richness; and (c) focused engagement in and consideration of the ethical dimensions of teaching practice.
Our graduates do the following with this degree:
Students who earn a Master of Arts in Teaching + Teaching Credential - Multiple Subject degree are prepared for careers as elementary school teachers; their coursework and clinical practice experiences help them learn how to teach multiple subjects to a group of diverse learners in a self-contained classroom.
Students who earn a Master of Arts in Teaching + Teaching Credential - Single Subject degree are prepared for careers teaching a single subject to students at the middle or high school level.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Ethics, Diversity, Reflection: Introduction to K-12 Teaching
- Technology for K-12 Teachers
- Psychological Foundations of K-12 Education
- Social and Ethical Foundations in K-12 Education
- Elementary Teaching and Accountabilit
- First and Second Language Acquisition in Elementary Schools
- Elementary Classroom Management
- Teaching Reading in Elementary Schools
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesEducation Teaching View 3784 other Masters in Education in United States
- Current Resumé or CV
- One copy of official transcripts from all post-secondary institutions attended
- Two letters of recommendation
- Minimum of 30 hours working with groups of youth
- Submit a $50 non-refundable application fee
- English Proficiency Exam
- United States visa regulations require proof that sufficient funds are available to finance your travel, living expenses, and program study
International19620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 654 USD per credit during 12 months.
National19620 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 654 USD per credit during 12 months.
Living costs for Santa Clara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.