Why study Education, Instruction and Curriculum (Elementary Education Emphasis) at Grand Valley State University ?
- Career-oriented. The program opens up a number of career opportunities for professional renewal and development of educators.
- Service. The College of Education Student Information and Services Center provides centralized services for advising, program planning, field placement, and certification.
- Flexible. Evening, weekend, and summer classes make it easier for teachers and administrators to plan their schedules. Some classes are offered online.
- Educational Policy and Practice
- Social/Cultural Foundations of Education
- Educational Inquiry and Evaluation
- Assessment: K-12 Models and Practices
- Facilitating School Environments
- Curriculum Development
- Teaching Mathematics: K-8
- Teaching Science: K-8
- Teaching Social Studies and Diversity
- Developmental Literacy for Children
- 12 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEducation Special Education Early Childhood Education View 567 other Masters in Early Childhood Education in United States
- Students pursuing a Professional Certificate are required to complete a 3 credit reading diagnostic course.
- 2. Students must apply in advance for each practicum or capstone course. Advisor approval is required. Application deadlines: May 15 for fall enrollment, September 15 for winter enrollment, and February 15 for spring/summer enrollment.
- 3. Students should meet with their advisor midway through their program to decide on a capstone (EDI 693 or EDI 695) and discuss plans for
- 4. Students must complete “Epigeum RCR Training and Certification program - Social and Behavioral Sciences module” prior to completion of
- 50% of the graduate program or prior to engaging in any research activity.
International14000 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 14000 USD per year during 12 months.
Living costs for Allendale
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.