Students also learn a theology of ministry for service in a changing Church and world. Students can complete the degree on a full-time basis, but the program also accommodates the schedules of part-time students with evening and weekend course offerings. The M.T.S. is an ideal program for persons engaged in ministry or seeking theological enrichment and a rewarding exploration of their faith.
The Jesuit School's Master of Theological Studies degree program at Santa Clara University is designed to enable graduates to:
- gain a broad theological foundation that will undergird inquiry into a select area of concentration.
- develop a critical fidelity to the Roman Catholic tradition, in service of the faith that does justice.
- recognize the interplay between faith and culture in addressing theological and/ or pastoral issues that emerge in diverse cultural contexts.
Santa Clara University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Various academic and other programs within the University are also accredited by specific accrediting bodies.
- Biblical Studies
- Historical and Systematic Theology
- Ethics, Religion and Society
- Spirituality and Pastoral Theology
- 24 months
- 48 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before , National
- Apply before , International
DisciplinesEthnic Studies Religious Studies & Theology View 596 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
- Statement of purpose
- For Domestic Students: Official scores of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) taken within the last five years
- For International Students: Proficiency in English
- Official transcripts for all post-secondary academic work
- Two letters of recommendation
International14856 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 619 USD per credit during 24 months.
National14856 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 619 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Santa Clara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.