The Jesuit School's Master of Divinity degree program at Santa Clara University is designed to enable graduates to:
- gain a broad theological foundation and hone it in light of assuming leadership roles within the church,
- develop a critical fidelity to the Roman Catholic tradition, in service of the faith that does justice,
- recognize the interplay between faith and culture in addressing theological and/or pastoral issues that emerge in diverse cultural contexts,
- develop a professional ministerial identity, which values collaborative leadership and shows commitment to ministerial ethics,
- grow and deepen in their relationship with God and in community, cultivating a spirituality that will sustain them in professional ministry.
Santa Clara University is accredited by the Accrediting Commission for Senior Colleges and Universities of the Western Association of Schools and Colleges. Various academic and other programs within the University are also accredited by specific accrediting bodies.
Get more detailsVisit official programme website
- Society and Christian Ethics
- Religion and Society
- Confessional Counseling
- Pastoral Counseling or Spiritual Direction
- 24 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Apply before
DisciplinesReligious Studies & Theology View 566 other Masters in Religious Studies & Theology in United States
- Master of Divinity essay
- For Domestic Students: Official scores of the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) taken within the last five years
- For International Students: Proficiency in English
- Official transcripts for all post-secondary academic work
- Two letters of recommendation
International18120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 604 USD per credit during 24 months.
National18120 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the tuition of 604 USD per credit during 24 months.
Living costs for Santa Clara
The living costs include the total expenses per month, covering accommodation, public transportation, utilities (electricity, internet), books and groceries.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last year
Check the official programme website for potential updates.