The core curriculum and electives of the Pathology program of Case Western Reserve University include many topics of medical relevance, including cell and molecular biology, disease pathogenesis, cancer biology, immunology, histology, and gross anatomy. This coursework may be useful for those interested in pursuing a professional doctoral degree (e.g., MD, DO, PhD, DDS, or DMD) or opportunities in basic or clinical research, teaching, biotechnology, pharmaceuticals, healthcare, or government. Our standard program is now 16 months.
The time of matriculation in the program is flexible; a typical time to degree for the full-time program is 3 semesters, but extended (21 month) and accelerated 12-month programs are also available. The course of study will be determined by the student, their Academic advisor, and the Graduate Program Committee and will consist of 30 credit hours of coursework plus a final project. Flexible electives allow students to focus on an area of interest. While the Master’s may be a terminal degree, it may also lead to admission to doctoral programs.
More informationVisit official programme website
- Cell and Molecular Foundations of Pathology
- Cell Biology
- Introduction to Biochemistry: From Molecules To Medical Science
- Introduction to Clinical Inquiry (IQ)
- Basic Pathologic Mechanisms
- Fundamental Immunology
- 16 months
Start dates & application deadlines
- Deadline passed
- Apply before
- Apply before
DisciplinesHuman Medicine View 483 other Masters in Human Medicine in United States
- Applicants will be screened by the Pathology Department Admissions Committee
- Supply a GRE, MCAT, DAT, or USMLE score
- A transcript
- Three letters of recommendation
- An application essay that details the student’s interest in the Program
- Students will be interviewed on campus or via electronic media (i.e. FaceTime or Skype)
- Although there are no set requirements, successful applicants would be expected to have an MCAT >500, GRE verbal and quantitative >150, and an undergraduate GPA around 3.0
International65476 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32738 USD per semester and a duration of 16 months.
National65476 USD/yearTuition FeeBased on the original amount of 32738 USD per semester and a duration of 16 months.
Studyportals Tip: Students can search online for independent or external scholarships that can help fund their studies. Check the scholarships to see whether you are eligible to apply. Many scholarships are either merit-based or needs-based.
Apply and win up to €10000 to cover your tuition fees.
Updated in the last 6 months
Check the official programme website for potential updates.